SEN Social Impact Assessment Masterclasses
Proving their social impact is increasingly important to social enterprises in an ever more competitive environment. Not only do funders and commissioners wish to see proof that their investment is having a verifiable effect upon their target groups, the whole range of stakeholders, from local residents to volunteers, potential employees and policy makers at every level, are demanding that our social enterprises properly account for the added benefits that the sector delivers.
To both assist social enterprises that are new to social impact assessment and to build upon Merseyside's existing expertise in the field of social impact assessment, particularly Social Audit & Accounting (SAA) and Social Return on Investment (SROI), SEN is offering a comprehensive programme of five Social Impact Assessment Master-classes to social enterprises on Merseyside.
The master-classes will introduce social enterprises who have previously undertaken training in social accounting and audit to alternative impact assessment tools which may compliment their existing activity and also engage social enterprises that have never undertaken training or social impact measurement of any kind to the concept of social impact assessment. The programme will include SAA, SROI and LM3.
The intention of this activity is:
- To improve knowledge and skills in social impact assessment with Merseyside social enterprises.
- To increase the effectiveness of Merseyside social enterprises in demonstrating the added value generated by their activity.
- To improve the quality of information available to procurers, commissioners and support organisations thereby improving access to public procurement activities amongst the Merseyside social enterprise community.
- To create an active network of organisations able to support one another in their social impact assessment activity.
In addition to the network meetings and master-class series, participating organisations will also be granted a bursary by SEN to gain free entry to the Social Audit Network Conference, to be held in Liverpool on Friday 13th November at Blackburne House. This conference will bring together experienced practitioners of social accounting and social reporting from around the world to share understanding and to grapple with some of the key questions facing the social economy sector.
The Social Impact Assessment Master-class programme is as follows:
- Initial Network Meeting- Wednesday 21st October 2009 2.30pm-4.30pm
- First Masterclass- Monday 26th October 2009 10.00am-4.00pm
- Second Masterclass- Friday 6th November 2009 10.00am-4.00pm
- Third Masterclass- Friday 4th December 2009 10.00am-4.00pm
- Fourth Masterclass- Monday 14th December 2009 10.00am-4.00pm
- Second Network Meeting- TBC December 2009
- Fifth Masterclass- Friday 15th January 2010 10.00am-4.00pm
All Master-classes and Network Meetings will be held at the Kuumba Imani Millennium Centre, 34-36 Princes Road, Liverpool, L8 1TH
Lunch will be provided for those attending Master-classes.
To book your place on the Master-class please click here.